Friday 11 September 2009

Whoah! We're Going to Ibiza...Whoah! Back to the Island...

The title isn't quite accurate - I'm not going to Ibiza, I've actually just got back (last friday actually) but the bit that says 'Back to the Island' is true - I went for my friend Hen's do three years ago so it was in fact a return trip!

And this one was for a hen-do too - for one of my best friend's Grace who I've been blessed to know since the tender age of 3 (so basically as long as I can remember). She's someone I never fail to have a good time with and she has this great knack of laughing at my jokes/stories which makes me truly love her...(it's a change from those awkward silences or even worse me laughing at my own jokes. I do that a lot!).
So 6 of us arrived in San Antonio - Grace, Grace's sister Hannah, Susan (who I've also known since I was 3), Rach (who I've known since secondary school) and Justine (Grace's friend from uni).....and me of course if you were thinking that's only 5.
The first good move we made was book an all-inclusive hotel (well done Hannah!) cos if you haven't been to Ibiza it's got expensive, very expensive - I'm talking 50 euros to get in to a club and 30 euros for a round of 4 drinks...I'm not looking forward to getting next month's credit card bill :(
But extortionate prices aside this is one of the best places in the world and even better if you've got your bessie pals with you.
We went to see Fatboy Slim and Pete Tong at Eden on our first night - now I'll be honest with you I'm not usually a fan of music that has just one beat that repeats over and over and over and is impossible to dance to, nor am I fan usually of music with no lyrics - it spoils my attempts at pretending to singalong and know the words when I obviously don't (I recall getting confused with the Tina Turner song Steamy Windows which I thought was Stevie Windows for a while - not sure he is!). Anyway I digress, back to Eden and Fatboy Slim managed to keep me entertained, as did the scantily dressed lady hanging from the ceiling at one point - made me think I need to do some yoga!
Something I forgot to mention earlier about the holiday is that we also had another person with us - he made an appearance on the second day. His name's Mustafa (split the word up and add an imaginary 'shag' at the end and you'll understand). He's a blow up inflatable man and every bit of him sticks out if you get where I'm going with this....well, the girls and Mustafa go way back - he came with us on holiday to Malia in Greece some years back and so we wanted to surprise Grace by bringing him along to Ibiza. Thing is not everyone's a fan of Mustafa - parents especially (something to do with the blow up sticky out thing he has) so imagine our dismay when he goes missing....yes someone stole Mustafa and we think it was one of the parents from around the pool who had been looking over disapprovingly...I fear he may be a little deflated nowadays...
Mustafa aside we had a blast in Ibiza. We watched the sunset near Cafe Mambo with champagne on tap for Bridey-to-be and shared some valuable memories from over the years.
We of course played a few drinking games too - you know the one where you say a celeb's name and then the next person has to say a celeb beginning with the first letter of the last name.....well this was highly amusing. I didn't realise so many of my friends watched so little tv - Susan, Hannah & Justine struggled to come up with names on numerous occasions - it saw us resort to unconventional famous things including FOXY BINGO and FLIPPER THE WHALE (yes whale that's not a typo - Susan thought Flipper was a whale not a dolphin).
Our final meal included a giant portion of paella and some dancing like MC Hammer (that was down to Grace) - all in all it was a hen-do to remember and I'm hoping we return to Ibiza again ...we may have to anyway when we get the call to go and identify a deflated blow up man with a moustache and an erection!

Grace, Susan, Rachel and Hannah departed Ibiza on Sunday evening, Justine & I had decided to stay on for a few more nights and moved over to an apartment in Playa deb Bossa joined by Justine's friend Sally and sister Kayleigh.
Highlights included going to KM5 restaurant (it was second time for me as I went there with Lou for her hen-do), Ibiza Rocks with Soulwax and 2 Many Djs and The Zoo Project.
The latter being a club night held in an old abandoned Zoo - moshing in a seal pit was never something I saw myself doing. I may have to take out a second mortgage to pay off my credit card from Ibiza but it was worth it...and I plan to go back (and next time Justine I promise not to steal all of your P20 sunscreen).

No comments:

Post a Comment